Thursday, April 21, 2011

Why Do You Sing?


Really, I want to know, "Why Do You Sing?" I ask myself this question often and today the first thing that popped in my head was, "I siiiing be-cause I'm haaaaappy! I siiiing be-cause I'm freeeeee!" You know what I'm talking about if you've ever seen Sister Act 2.

My honest answer to this question is I sing because I can't not sing. It may sound a little cliche to you, but singing is truly my heart. I've never tried to go without singing because I know I would be robbing myself of the daily joy that it brings me. You know how people say those things that you love are those things you do without receiving a paycheck? Singing truly is the thing that I would and will continue to do even if I never make a dime off of it. When I sit down at my piano and work through a new song, I fall into a zone that seems to transport me to another world; hence the reason when my husband calls and I'm in my music room, he can't ever get a hold of me!

I also love to sing because it's my favorite way to express my gratitude to God for all He's done for me. Worship songs are some of my favorite material to sing because they make it easy to tune everything and everyone out and focus on Who matters most!

So today, I challenge you to think about the reasons you sing. What causes you to spontaneously break into song in the shower? What makes a tune run through your head over and over again? Singing is a beautiful art form; one we can all enjoy for our own reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment