Monday, July 22, 2013

Update: Hello World!

Hello again, Choir Singer blog!  I can't believe that a year and three months has flown by since I've written a blog post!  Fortunately, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth.  A lot has been going on in my musical world, with many changes to come in the very near future.

First of all, I will be giving birth to my first child at the end of August or beginning of September!  I have had a wonderful pregnancy and have spent much of my third trimester on summer vacation since I am a school teacher.  I can't wait to meet my little man and get to take care of him every day!  I'm trying not to be impatient with this process!

Sadly, I will not be returning to my job as a high school choral director next month.  I have had the opportunity to take a music job down the street from my house at an elementary school.  This year, I will be working part-time as a music teacher so I can also spend time raising my son.  It is a bittersweet time of change for me.  I have absolutely enjoyed every minute of teaching high school choir, but I am excited about working with the little ones this time around!  Plus, I still get to do what I love and raise a family at the same time.

Before the summer ends, I am frantically working on completely editing my book on vocal technique entitled: Ten Weeks to a Better Voice.  I want to make this book available as an eBook by the year's end.  It has been a fun project and I'm getting close to releasing it to the world!

My hope is that despite the busy season coming up, I will continue to make updates to this blog so my faithful readers have new tips and techniques to  help you better your own singing voices.

In the meantime, happy summer to everyone!  I hope you get to enjoy some sunshine today!

No comments:

Post a Comment