Friday, June 10, 2011

Growing!


It was a little less than two months ago when I started this blog and made mention of my dream of becoming a self-supported full-time musician.

Now after coming to the close of my first full week of being in business for myself, I can say that I've never been happier! I echo those other entrepreneurs who say, "I only regret that I didn't start sooner!"

This week has been extremely busy for me and nothing short of amazing. It involved teaching six lessons (not counting two tomorrow), leading a choir rehearsal, recording in my church's studio, and singing for a television program. Yes, I'm busy, but I'm also so happy and deeply fulfilled because each and every day of my week has involved music. Ahh, how long I've waited for this moment!

The great news is that it's only going to get better. I am getting ready to double the number of students I teach in my music studio within the next couple of weeks! God is really opening the doors of abundance and it's nothing short of amazing because all I did was step out in faith and pursue something I love!

Every time I teach a lesson, I can't believe that I'm getting paid to do this job. It's not even work to me, just fun, fun, fun. I'm reminded of the Scripture from Proverbs 18:16, which says, "A man's gift makes room for him, and brings him before great men." I can certainly say this is true in my own life thus far. I am so grateful for the opportunity to pursue my dream at this present moment.

Because we're never promised tomorrow, I hope you're doing all you can to pursue your own hopes and dreams on this beautiful Friday! Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment